With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- red (Cherry red) Dr. Martens Men's 1460 Combat Boot
- National Wind Embroidered shoes High-Heeled Thick-Soled Hanfu Wild Women's shoes Old Beijing Cloth shoes (color Pink, Size 250)
- Autumn Women's Boots Round Head Thick with Waterproof Platform Zipper Boots Large Size Boots
- ZHRUI Mens shoes Breathable Lace up Canvas shoes (color Dark bluee, Size 5.5=39 EU)
- Fuxitoggo 2018 sandals men genuine leather beach slippers casual belt buckle closed non-slip soft sole sandals shoes adjustable backless (color Brown, Size 41 EU) (color Black, Size 43 EU)
- Men's Casual Trainers shoes Leather Lace up Fashion Sneakers Athletic Lightweight Black Outdoor
- RugMyBaby Handmade Genuine Sheepskin Slippers Wool Women Men Brown Soft
- Delicious Junction Bordo Merton Loafers Sizes 7-11 Available
- Gracosy Women's Summer Sandal, Open Toes shoes Platform Gladiator shoes Bohemia Ankle Strap Buckle Sandal
- Sc Home Collection Womens 12417 Plush Embroidered Cozy House Slippers Made In Europe
- Aldo Women's HERSCHMAN Fashion Sneakers
- AN Womens Platform Heighten Inside Cow Leather Walking shoes DGU00838
- Clarks Women's Delana Fairlee Ankle Boot
- Meiren High-Heeled shoes Stiletto Pointed Word Buckle Women's shoes
- AIWEIYi Womens Peep Toe Lace up High Heel Dress Sandals Black
- QDL1 ASILETO ASILETO Denim Ankle Boots Women Boots Thick Heels shoes Woman Autumn Winter Boots shoes Jeans Boots Western Cowboy Booties S774
- Aravon Women's Holly AR Slip Resistant Work shoes
- Soft Men's Wild Pointed Wedding shoes Men's shoes Business Casual Crocodile Lace-up shoes Cortical (color Black Crocodile, Size 40)
- Roxy Women's Bayshore shoes Sneaker
- Mens Suede Leather Loafers & Slip-Ons，Casual Driving shoes Flat shoes，Business Casual Beanie shoes (color B, Size 40)
- Women's Ankle Boots Autumn Winter Pointed Stilettos Leather Booties Fashion Martin Boots Rivet Flower Ankle Boots Wedding Party & Evening (color A, Size 34)
- ECCO Women's Chase II Tie Sneaker
- INC International Concepts Womens Leena Leather Pointed Toe Black Size 9.0
- Black YiCeirnier Women's Fashion Sneakers Slip On shoes Leather Flat Driving shoes
- DorisAA-MS Men Leather Loafer shoes Oxfords Leather Driving Loafers Round Toe Flat Penny shoes Upper Lace Up Walking Boat shoes Loafer shoes (color White, Size 9.5 UK)
- ZYSYSL Men's Utility Footwear Steel Toe Cap Predection Non-Slip Anti-Smash Puncture Prevention Kevlar Midsole
- Geox Men's U Taiki B ABX D Low-Top Sneakers
- Shukun Men's boots Autumn And Winter Martin Boots Men'S Short Boots, Versatile Tooling, Help High shoes Men
- White TD S9S21 Personality Society Beach Non-slip Men Sandals (color BLACK, Size EU39 UK6 CN39)
- AIWEIYi Womens Faux Suede Square High Heels shoes Lace up Fur Warm Snow Boots Black
- Zhiling flip Flop- Spring Female Non-Slip Thick Sole Cute Indoor Home Wooden Floor shoes Summer Home Sandals and Slippers (color Pink, Size 36-37code)
- Unm Women's Closed Toe Sandals with Ankle Strap - D'Orsay Kitten Heel - Bridal Buckled Stilettos
- Yellow shoes - Admiral - Womens Light Boots
- Rather be 2019 Summer Women Slipper Plus Size 35-44 Fashion Brand String Bead Sandal Women Flat Heel Casual Slipper shoes Muje
- QianZuLian Women's shoes The Shallow Mouth Stiletto Heels Suitable for Office Party The Wedding
- Saborz Stretch Suede Women Thigh High Boots Stilettos Over The Knee Boots Pointy Toe High Heel Long Zipper Boots
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.