With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- Dubarry Grenadine Hoka ONE ONE W Clifton 4 (1016724)
- CHALi99 Comfort Women Lightweight Mesh shoes Sunflower golden (2) Sneakers Travel Shock Absorbing
- French Connection Womens Roree Ankle Bootie
- FuweiEncore 2018 Men's Low Top shoes Casual Matte Genuine Leather Slipper Lace up Breathed Lined Oxfords (color Brown, Size 40 EU) (color Black, Size 44 EU)
- Bobbies Paris L'élégant shoes in red RRP ￡150.00
- Men's shoes Feifei Spring and Autumn Youth Trend Leisure Leather shoes 2 Colours (color 02, Size EU43 UK9 CN44)
- Fila 1010496 T1 MID Sneakers Men
- Lacoste Menerva Sport Mens Fashion Trainer shoes Black White
- PUMA Women's OSU Running shoes
- Colourtouch Womens Fashion Gladiator Strappy Sandals Pink
- Fashion Heel Womens Ppointed Toe Stiletto High Heel Handmade Thigh High Boot
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Retro colorful Star Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- WeiPoot Women's Round Toe Closed Toe Imitated Suede Zipper High-Heels High-Top Boots
- SEERTED Pink Tropical Toucan Birds Lightweight Sneakers for Women
- Women's Booties, Mid Heel Thick Heel Chelsea Boots & Ankle Boots Ladies Sequin Pointed Fashion Boots (color D, Size 36)
- T-JULY Winter shoes for Women Warm Fur Boots Rubber Ankle Boots Snow Boots Rubber Cow Suede Casual Flats shoes Botas
- Fashion Pumps Handmade Genuine Leather shoes Classic Pointed Toe High Heels Party Pumps
- Adidas Nitrocharge 3.0 TRX FG Soccer Cleat (Solar Red) Sz. 10
- New Balance Women's Agility V2 FuelCore Cross Trainer
- CAT Workwear Mens Cat Workwear Mens Workwear Moor Slip Resistant Safety Sneakers SRA Black Leather Mesh PU UK Size 11 (EU 45, US 9)
- Superga Women's 2750-SYNTHETIC SNAKEW Trainers, brown (Taupe Black G65), 2.5
- SELCNG Hiking shoes Outdoor Sports Slip Breathable Hiking shoes Leather Mountain Tactical Climbing shoes
- Frye Women's Phillip Studded Harness Boot
- Purple Over The Knee Boots Thin High Heels Party shoes Women Pointed Toe Satin Boots
- LYZGF Men Four Seasons Casual Outdoor Fashion Middle Age Dad Lace Leather shoes
- LOVDRAM Boots Men's Autumn And Winter Men'S Short Boots Youth shoes High Help Martin Boots High Junior High School Students White Casual Men'S shoes
- ASICS GT-2000 6 Men's Running shoes
- ASICS Men's Gel Lyte III Trainers bluee, 4.5 UK
- Nike Metcon Dsx Flyknit Size 11.5 Mens Cross Training Black White-Bright Crimson-Gym Red shoes
- Gcanwea Women's Elegant Buckle Burnished Peep Toe Ankle Strap Stilettos Platform High Heel Pumps Sandals Breathable Flexibility Dress Ladies Sexy Skinny Fashion Summer Pink 4 M US Pumps Sandals
- Women's Rhinestone Thong Elastic Sandals Summer Beach Bohemia T-Strap Flip Flops Flat shoes
- Ausom Women Men High Top USB Charging 7 colors Light Up LED shoes Flashing Fashion Sneakers
- AN Womens Heighten Inside Sponge Soles Urethane Boots DKU02141
- Women Spring Comfort Bows Pointed Toe Slip-On Ballet Walking Flats shoes
- TDA Women's Peep Toe T-Strap Buckle Sheepskin Evening Party Dress Stiletto Sandals
- Helly Hansen Women's Veierland Rain Boot
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.