With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- Womens High-Heeled Pumps shoes Hot Women shoes Pointed Toe Pumps Patent Leather Dress High Heels Boat Wedding shoes women bluee Wine Red Lady bluee
- WANGFANG Sandals Leather White shoes, Spring and Summer Style Versatile Pure Leather Sneakers Loafers Lace-up Sneaker for Women (color Beige, Size US6 EU37 UK4 MX3.5 CN37)
- Melady Women Fashion Stiletto Heels Knee High Boots Zipper
- SaraIris Wowen Gladiator-Sandals Strap Platform Sky High Heels for Summer
- Hongyi Transparent Clear Crystal Sequins Platform Wedge Thick Sole Sandal
- Men's Casual Business shoes Wedding Guests General shoes
- Hhgold Men's Moccasins shoes, Mens Driving Loafers Slip-on Comfort Moccasins Leisure Leather Lined Lightweight shoes (color bluee, Size 40 EU) (color As shown, Size One size)
- Base London Buckingham Mens Leather Wing Tip shoes Washed Brown
- Adidas Springblade Razor Men's Running shoes
- Madden Girl by Steve Madden Womens Directt Dress Sandals Silver 5.5 Medium (B,M)
- GEORPE Over The Knee Boots Classic Hidden Square Heel Stretch Fabric Black shoes
- Women's Fashion Square Toe Ankle Boots Chunky Block Heel Booties Side Zipper Hairy Martin Boots
- JaHGDU Ladies Casual Slippers Indoors to Keep Warm in Autumn and Winter Cotton Slippers Red Large Slippers for Women
- AnMengXinLing Women Platform Sandal Genuine Leather Open Toe Buckle Comfort Wedge Rivets shoes
- Pleaser Womens Eve106 Crpu Ankle Bootie
- Wedge Sandals Summer Women's shoes Fashionable High Heels Sexy High Heel Sandals Open Toe High Heels 12cm High (color Pink, Size 36 US6)
- BERTERI Men's Casual Sports Velcro shoes Lightweight Breathable Mesh Anti-Skid Rubber Sole
- Insun Men's Crazy Horse Leather Buckle Ankle Boots
- Ryka Surge Women Walking Sneakwer
- Ferrini Men's Print Gator Western Boot
- Adidas Terrex Fast Mid Gore-TEX Surround Women's Walking Boots - SS19
- AgrinTol Men's Bahama Boat Washed Sneaker
- Superga Unisex Adults' 2750 Macramew Low-Top Sneakers
- Nike Legend 7 Academy TF Mens Soccer-shoes AH7243
- White 100 pairs Disposable Slippers,spa Slippers Unisex Spa Slippers Disposable Men's Slippers 100 Pairs Men's Slippers Men's Hotel Foot Massage Slippers Women Non-Thickening Home Hospitality Guests
- Sothingoodly Pretty Optimal Women 3D Flowers High Heels
- SaraIris Womens Open Toe Summer Cut Out Chunky High Heel Ankle Booties
- WeenFashion Womens Round Toe High Heels Short Plush Solid Boot with Bowknot
- Bugatti Men's 321344501200 Classic Boots red (Bordo)
- MARC JOSEPH NEW YORK Mens Leather Made in Brazil Lafayette Loafer Driving Style
- Step n Style Women Bridal Ballet Ballerina Flat Juttis Loafers shoes Handmade shoes
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Unicorn Rainbow Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- AllhqFashion Women's Low-top Pull-on Frosted High-Heels Round Closed Toe Boots
- Flats Women's Casual shoes Heightening Autumn Winter Sports shoes
- JOYBI Women Casual Wedges Sneakers Comfortable Tenis Non Slip Breathable Lace Up Platform Walking shoes
- Kelsi Dagger Brooklyn Womens Simon Flat Sandal
- Jessica Simpson Women's Calvey Ankle Bootie
- Sanita Wave Carbon in Royal bluee (Art 18020311)
- Carlos by Carlos Santana Womens Melody Over The Knee Boot
- Adidas Men& 39;s Chaos Sneaker
- Pleaser Womens SKY-309CHRS B B-RRS Sandals
- Kenneth Cole New York Mens Leisure Time Oxford
- Hogan Women H259 Moccasins Kraft
- Puma men, Ignite Limitless Knit Quiet Shade Silver, Tessuto Tecnico, Sneakers, grey, 43 EU
- Bugatti Men's 312173013500 Desert Boots
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.