With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- Verocara Women's Mid Chunky Transparent Heel Intercross Genuine Leather Adjustable Slingback Sandal shoes
- Peerage FIC Casey Women Wide Width Casual Leather Comfort Clogs for Everyday (Size & Measurement Guides)
- Men's Mesh Casual shoes Non-slip Breathable Running shoes Front tie Net shoes On foot Mountaineering Sports shoes,Black,41
- Women Fish-Billed shoes,Summer Peep Toe Sandals,Feminine Stiletto Cone Heel Size
- FELIX CHU Mens Oxfords Dress shoes Classic Monk Strap Buckle Genuine Leather Men's Dark Brown Office Party Formal shoes for Men
- El Naturalista Womens N050 Organico Ankle Boot shoes
- INC International Concepts Womens Fedee WC Leather Closed Toe, Cement, Size 7.0
- VIA ROMA 15 Women's V1655BROWN Brown Suede Ankle Boots
- Merrell Men's Annex Recruit Trainers
- Dickies Severn super Safety Boots
- XUE Men's shoes Basketball shoes PU High-Top Sneakers Summer Comfort Lace-up shoes Outdoor Hiking shoes Travel Personality Cool (color B, Size 44)
- XIANGBAO-Personality Men's Simple Lightweight Soft Oxfords Flat Heel Round Toe Lace Up Leisure shoes
- Midnight Taryn pink Womens Kaori Slide Sandal
- TUYPSHOES Womens Rhinestone Platform Stiletto High Heels Wedding Prom Evening Dress Pumps
- Nike Odyssey React Mens Ao9819-600 Size 11
- Willie Marlow Women Flip Flops Rhinestone shoes Casual Beach Slippers 5cm Heel
- 2018 Summer women sandals wedges sandals ladies open toe round toe zipper black silver white platform sandals shoes 8332 8333 Black 8
- Jynx Women's Braided Buckle Thong Flat Sandal
- WeenFashion Women's Pu Assorted color Lace Up Square Closed Toe Kitten Heels Pumps-shoes
- New Balance Women's WC806 Tennis-W Tennis shoes
- Nature Breeze Womens Cherokee-03 Fringe Mocassin Faux Suede Boots
- GIY Women's Ankle Boots Round Toe Side Zipper Retro Slip On Short Dress Booties Chunky Block Heel Booties
- AllhqFashion Women's Round Open Toe Cow Leather Low Heels Solid Sandals with Changeable and Buttons
- Women Sandals Summer Open Toe Chain Women39;s Sandals 12CM Women shoes
- Nine West Women's FALLON9X9W Leather
- U-MAC High Top Wedge Sneakers for Women's - Anti-Slip Rubber Sole Hidden Heel Round Toe Platform Casual shoes
- PUMA Mens RBR Desert Boot Vulc Walking shoes
- SNKR Project Mens Crosby Trail Sneaker
- Fly London Womens YOLK060FLY Snow Boot
- El Naturalista Women's Ne28 Yggdrasil Ankle Bootie Rioja
- White Women Toe Super High Heels Platform Simple Style Sexy Boots Lady Over-The-Knee Boots Zip Lace Patchwork Pu Round
- CHENSF Womens Back Tall Winter Rain Wellies Waterproof Wellington Boot
- Laptop Backpack, Large Business Bags Port, Resistant And casual large backpack College School Rucksack Travel Daypacks Fits up to Inch Laptop and Notebook (Black)
- GLSHI Men's shoes Summer Comfort Loafers & Slip-Ons Walking shoes Ruched For Casual White Yellow Navy bluee Light bluee
- Fila Orbit Zeppa Mesh Spanish Villa 101062571A, Trainers Pink
- Nora Champion 'Captain'UNISEX Rubber Wellington Boots with lining neoprene, up to -30 °C PredECTION shoes, Hunter
- Adidas Performance Men's Ultraboost Pride
- Yyixianma Women Gladiator Sandals Sexy Street Beat Large Size Thin High Heel Party shoes
- Meiren High Heels Pointed Stiletto Strap Female Comfortable Women's shoes Grey
- BalaMasa Womens Bows Buckle Square Heels Platform Urethane Pumps shoes
- Drew Toby Women Pumps Cross Belt Solid color Pointed Toe Sexy Fashion Elegant High Heels
- BERTERI Woman's Pointed-Toe Fashion Dress Pumps
- FAQIAN Rivet Booties Belt Buckle Rough Heel Waterproof Platform high Heel Women's Boots 10cm
- Watercolor Number6 Pattern Slippers Watercolor Non-Slip Quick-Drying Slippers for Womens
- LingGT Pattern Boots Women Zipper Leather Soft Casual shoes (color Purple, Size CA 9)
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.